I joined Ann Voskamp’s Gratitude Community at the beginning of 2011. On Mondays, we share what we’ve discovered as we’ve counted blessings throughout the week. Not only have I discovered more of life in each moment, I’ve found myself slowing down to soak up the beauty around me, things I have been running too fast to enjoy, or even notice, before.
189. Surprise 80th birthday parties
190. Sunlight pouring through openings in the clouds
191. Gray-defying spring green spreading across the cow pasture
192. Cheery bobbing heads of chickens feasting free in the field
193. A blazing pink orange sunset pointing the way home
194. Little Boy breaking into his Daffy Duck impersonation and spluttering at his aunt, “I can’t hug you when I’m talkin’ like thish.”
195. Wind- and sun-chapped cheeks – it was finally warm enough to play outside!
196. First full week without sick-to-my-stomach stress. Ahhh.
197. New recipes.
198. Mostly-rave reviews of those new recipes
199. Tire-swinging by the river
200. The awed silence settling on a rowdy bunch of high school students during a planetarium show about our universe
201. My son’s eagerness to work, earn money, and save for a big “toy”
202. The sweet-tart Hawaiian honeymoon memories bursting out of fresh pineapple
203. A double-date farewell dinner with dear friends
Do you want to join in? Start counting, on your computer or in a journal or on random scraps of paper. It’s like seeing for the first time.
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe to this blog!