Top 15 One-Liners from the World Vision Bolivia Bloggers Trip #wvbb
While we did a lot of crying and got into many serious discussions, we also had a lot of fun as a group during our week in Bolivia. Here’s just a sampling of the laughter and the antics.
15. “Jung Seou! Jung Seou!”Bolivians when they spotted Lindsey and mistook her for a famous Korean soap-opera star.
14. “I feel like a sugar mama.” Jana, getting bolivianos out of the ATM
13. “You look like the Nashville slash bloggy slash Christian version of Eminem.” Lindsey to Matthew as he inhaled Afrin.
12. “The hell just seeped from my face.” Matthew, referring to Bolivian ice cream, with which he became infatuated.
11.“I felt that way when I was a stripper.” Amy, random comment overheard on the bus.
9. “More people die from hippo-related accidents than in plane crashes.” (Nish, talking Elizabeth through take-off and landing)
8. “I know your pits are clean.” Joy to Elizabeth when Elizabeth lost her toiletries and needed to borrow deodorant.
7. “So since we’re going into the butt of the plane, that must make us LaPaz-itories.” Carla, as she boarded our plane to La Paz.
6. “Whoopsie!” Amy, telling stories about her job as a respiratory therapist.
5. “Why would you say ‘puma’ (POO-muh) when you say ‘pubic’ (PYOO-bik)?” Matthew, passing a billboard for Puma gear.
4. “I love the flavor of wine too.”Deb to Matthew after he misheard her saying “I love the flavor of lime.”
3. “I want to go to the statue but I don’t want to go to the statue.” Rachel about Cochabamba’s huge statue of Jesus. “I want to go to the statue but I don’t want to go to the statue” then sung in duet by Elizabeth and Matthew
2. “Does Spanish rhyme?” Matthew to Andrea (our fearless interpreter)
1. “I’ve always thought women should have come with pouches.” Matthew, watching Bolivian women carrying babies in their colorful woven blankets. “We do. We just can’t put them back in.” Joy’s retort.
[To read other posts from my team members, check out World Vision’s Bolivia blog.]
The first 150 sponsors will receive a special edition
Bolivia bloggers necklace by Lisa Leonard Designs!